Pesky Birds and Industrial Facilities
Industries spend thousands of pounds each year cleaning up birds' droppings and fixing the damage. This constant nuisance can cause financial problems that are much more expensive than regular property maintenance. Birds who nest in commercial areas can pose serious health and safety risks such as unsanitary conditions, accidental falls, and electrical fires. These are just three of many dangers that can be associated with bird nesting in commercial spaces.
Bird droppings can harm your public image, damage structural components, and increase the possibility of slips or falls. This could lead to costly litigation. It has been proven that bird droppings can carry more than 60 transmissible diseases. Therefore, it is so important to remove them. Bird problems can be costly and pose serious health threats if they aren't addressed quickly.
Why Bird Control Essential for Commercial Spaces
The most important reasons to make bird control mandatory are:
- Bird droppings, which are very acidic, can cause irreparable damages to rooftops, walkways, equipment, and everything, from paint and cement to metals and wood.
- Birds that get caught in HVAC ducts or become entangled in equipment can cause damage to the equipment and spark fires.
- Birds can infect food products, leading to foodborne diseases and regulatory action.
- Bird allergies may be caused by feather dander and fecal matter.
- Customer, visitor, and associates will see a poor business image if they see nesting materials and bird drops in commercial spaces.
- Businesses that spend time cleaning out bird droppings each day are not only wasting money but also expose their employees to over 60 diseases linked to pest birds.
- It is possible to flood your home with nesting materials, which can block drains and gutters.
- Bird droppings, nesting materials, and food processing plants can attract heavy fines, legal action and can even lead to the complete closure of an operation.
- Bird droppings may be slippery and could pose hazards to your employees or customers.
- Infectious bird droppings may be an issue in some industries. This can lead to violations of health codes, fines, lawsuits, or other legal remedies.
- If you have to slow down, delay, or stop production due to bird influence, you will lose money. Work areas that are unsafe because of bird droppings buildup should be avoided. This can cause shut downs.
- Birds making loud and distracting noises can cause problems for your visitors and employees as well.
Safe and Humane Ways to Control Bird Infestations
To avoid any potential damage to your property, health, or health risks, or costly equipment repairs or violations of health codes, work stoppages, or other problems caused by birds, it is possible to hire a professional Bird Control Service. This service offers effective, safe, and viable solutions to all types of bird issues. The following are the most frequently used bird exclusion solutions:
- Bird netting
Netting serves as a physical barrier and humanely excludes birds form unwanted areas, such as canopies, eaves, and gardens. Netting is a physical barrier that prevents birds from nesting or roosting throughout the year. It also protects any desired area from their nuisance.
- Shock Tracks
Shock track is a simple way to keep birds away. While it sounds cruel, shock tracks are safe and humane. When the birds land on them they produce mild electric shocks. The shock tracks are discreetly hidden and can be nailed to or glued on any flat or curved surface such as parapet walls.
- Bird Spikes
Bird spikes make it easy to keep birds from landing in an area. Spikes effectively create an anti-roosting area, anti-nesting, and anti-perching zone where even the most stubborn birds cannot venture. Spikes blend seamlessly into the environment and are made to cause no harm. Bird spikes are often used on narrow surfaces such security cameras, signage, and parapet walls.
- Chemical Repellents & Flash Tape
Reflective flash tape scares away birds because of the movement of the wind and sunlight reflecting off Mylar surface.
Bird Control is not easy without professional help
Bird control is often difficult to do on your own and can also be time-consuming for your warehouse manager. This is because bird Control it is not as simple as just chasing them off as they keep returning.
The more birds are left to nest and roost, it is harder to eradicate them. Solid Avian Solutions provides customized solutions for commercial areas that need prompt and professional bird control. To make your establishment a bird-free zone call us at 1-866-936-6157.